Dr. Julie David Talaiver
Board Certified Pediatric Dentist
Firewheel Town Center
650 Beebalm Ln., Ste #200
Garland, TX 75040
(972) 414-5437 (KIDS)
Fax (972) 414-5431
Oral Sedation (Giggly juice):
* Oral sedation is a medicine the child will drink and will be used in combination with nitrous oxide to further relax your child.
* Once the medication is administered, it will be about 45-60 minutes before the medicine will have taken effect.
* The parent is allowed back in the treatment room with their child during the appointment.
* Success of completing dental treatment is highly dependent on the child. Your child may require multiple visits to complete their treatment needs.
* Your child may NOT go to school and will need to be supervised by an adult.
Instructions BEFORE sedation:
1. Do not eat or drink anything after midnight of the night before your sedation appointment. Your child will arrive at our office with an empty stomach.
2. Please call if your child becomes sick or develops a fever, cough, sore throat, or has a runny nose. We will reschedule their appointment.
3. Dress your child in loose fitting, comfortable clothing. You may want to bring a light blanket or an extra change of clothing.
4. Your child must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who must stay in the waiting room or treatment room for the duration of the dental appointment.
5. Your child will be unable to go to school the day of the sedation. Your child will require supervision at home.
Dr. Julie will tell you the instructions after treatment to take care of your child.
Please feel free to call our office at 972-414-KIDS (5437) for any questions or concerns.