Dr. Julie David Talaiver
Board Certified Pediatric Dentist
Firewheel Town Center
650 Beebalm Ln., Ste #200
Garland, TX 75040
(972) 414-5437 (KIDS)
Fax (972) 414-5431
Crowns (Silver or White):
* Please read local anesthesia
* Your child's gums will be irritated and sore for the next three days. I highly recommend Children's Ibuprofen or Tylenol for the first day. If there is a throbbing pain, you may place a wrapped towel around a cold compress and place it on the cheek for 15 minutes and off for 15 minutes.
* Please continue to brush all the teeth. Remember to brush towards the gums, especially where the new crown has been placed for ideal healing of the gingival tissue.
* Please avoid any sticky candy (Jolly Ranchers, fruit snacks, Laffy Taffy, etc.) or dried sticky fruit. If your child's crown is displaced, please save the crown and call us for an appointment to recement the crown.
* Remember to be careful with white crowns due to possible chipping of the white surface, and exposing the silver metal below. There is no repair that can be done to fix a broken white crown.