Dr. Julie David Talaiver
Board Certified Pediatric Dentist
Firewheel Town Center
650 Beebalm Ln., Ste #200
Garland, TX 75040
(972) 414-5437 (KIDS)
Fax (972) 414-5431
* Please read local anesthesia.
* Please give your child Children's Ibuprofen or Tylenol as soon as possible so they may be comfortable as the numbing medicine wears away.
* Have your child continue to bite down on gauze for 30 minutes to help control bleeding. It is normal for oozing to continue for the next few days. It is also normal for oozing to occur after brushing or eating. Remember to bite down (firm pressure) on gauze to help control the bleeding. If you depleted your supply of cotton gauzes, you can place a tea bag on the extraction site and have your child bite down for 30 minutes.
* Please avoid strenuous activity for 24 hours. (No swimming, biking, running, sports practice, etc.)
* Remember to avoid drinking through a straw, no carbonated beverages, and no forceful spitting for three days.
* Cold food items will feel soothing to your child's mouth (ice cream, popsicles, etc.). Please avoid hot items like soup because your child may burn themselves as well as the heat will promote bleeding. Room temperature and cold foods are recommended. (i.e. macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, etc.)